Top Vastu Principles Used In Interior Designs and House Plans
Vastu is the ancient Indian science that works on the principle of Panchbhutas, a term referring to the five basic elements of the universe: Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space. Vastu is the science that attempts to achieve a synergy across all the five elements in such a way that the abode becomes favorable to its inhabitants.
The optimum use of Vastu concepts can help one achieve an environment at home that is physically comfortable, emotionally soothing and intellectually vibrant.
APNAGHAR has compiled a few Vastu tips that are commonly used to enhance the positive effect of elements in various rooms of a house. Vastu combined with modern technology and architectural tools provides an ideal combination to create a modern and comfortable house plan.
- East is the most auspicious direction for entrance to a house.
- The slope of the property should be from west to east or south to north.
- Shadow of a tree should never fall on the house.
- The north direction represents prosperity, and should never be blocked.
- Cactus plant should never be grown in the house.
- All doors should open towards inside.
- Door hinges should be noiseless.
- Columns in a building must be placed in even numbers in any construction.
- The main bedroom should be constructed in the south-west direction.
- The bed should never be placed below a beam.
- Square and rectangle shape bedrooms are perfect for ensuring peace and prosperity.
- Avoid hanging pictures that depict violence or sorrow.
- Any reflective surfaces such as mirrors and televisions should be covered at night while sleeping.
- Sleep with your head towards South.
- Minimise clutter in your room as clutter represents the unfinished tasks of your life.
- The north direction is ideal for the construction of living room.
- Vastu advises against the use of paintings which depict negative aspects of life.
- Air-conditioners should be in the west and not in the southeast section.
- Southern and western corners of the room are perfect for placing the furniture.
- Dining tables must have even-numbered chairs.
- Kids’ room should be constructed in the northwest corner of the house.
- The colour scheme should be mild.
- Don’t place the furniture sticking to the wall, as it obstructs the flow of positive energy.
- The study desk should be placed in such a manner that the child faces eastern, northern or north-eastern corner while studying.
- The computer should be placed in the southwest corner.
- The ideal location of the kitchen is the southeast corner of the house, with northwest being the second best option.
- Cooking activity should be done while facing east, as it’s an auspicious direction. The other option is north direction.
- Electrical items such as microwaves, juicers and mixers should be placed in the southeast corner of the kitchen.
- The refrigerator should be in the northwest, southeast, south or west.
- The kitchen must have adequate provision for cross-ventilation.
We have also compiled a list of guidelines laid by Vastu for the colours to be used in a house. It would also be a good time to get familiarized with vastu rules pertaining to directions on our website.
With the help of Vastu, one can find out the most appropriate directions for the various components of a typical household. The objective of Vastu is to achieve a perfect sense of balance between humans and nature. A comprehensive analysis of vastu guidelines on the direction
Visit ApnaGhar.co.in to consult a Vastu expert for you home.