Monday, December 26, 2011
11:16 PM 2 comments
A home is not just a house to live. It is an extension of our mental space and a reflection of our personality. Just as our aesthetic taste influences its design, decor and maintenance, similarly it too influences our moods, thoughts, bio-energy, behaviour, personal and social life, recognition, professional success; in fact, each part of our life is deeply intertwined with our home.
A lot of meticulous designing, planning and execution goes into building a home and decorating it. If the home is designed following Vastu rules and guidelines, then it will resonate with positive energy and vibrations and its occupants will be healthy, wealthy and successful.
It has been noticed that the residents of buildings and apartment blocks which have been built in gross violation of Vastu principles tend to suffer from either insomnia, depression, financial difficulties, domestic unhappiness, or some sort of chronic ailment. They have also been seen to suffer from lack of sense of security, loss of love in life, drug abuse or alcoholism, and misery.
We all care about our homes where we spend our maximum time, effort and money. We are in constant effort to make it a comfortable place as it is our biggest investment. Negative architecture of homes can damage our health, the air we breathe and the water we drink, without our conscience knowledge. Here are certain tips to keep it full of positive energy and optimism-
1. Room for prayer and meditation is recommended to be in the north-east corner of the house.
2. Deity or image of god should not face the south direction.
3. Staircases should be located in Southern or south-western portions of the building.
4. Do not design staircase of a building in the north-east portion.
5. The steps should climb from east to west or from north to south.
6. If there are landings or turnings in a staircase, it should wind up in the clockwise direction.
7. The number of steps in a staircase should be an odd number so that if you start climbing the steps with the right foot, you will reach the higher floor on the right foot itself.
8. Columns in a building should be in even numbers and columns in the north-east corner Should not be circular.
9. When columns are exposed for architectural purposes, the number of exposed columns also should be even.
10. The room in North-West direction is suitable for guests and girls.
11. The Chief of the house should have his room in South-West direction.
12. No bedroom should be situated in North-East direction.
13. No bedroom should be located in South-East direction. For inhabitants of this bedroom, there is no sound sleep and people have much anger.
14. Bathroom should be in the West and South directions and the flow of its drains should be towards North-East.
15. Commode should be South or West facing.
16. Geysers should be South-East since it is 'Fire & Heat' corner
17. Toilets and Bathroom should be situated separately. These days these are built attached with each other within the house. The following points need special attention for such Construction- Never builds toilets in the direction of eastern corner. These should be constructed mainly towards South or West. The face should be towards south or West while discharging stool.
18. Balcony should be constructed in the North-East to achieve good health and wealth.
19. Children's Room should be constructed in the North-West corner but the bathroom should be arranged in prescribed direction only.
20. The doors should be in the North and East. Some painting or window should be opposite each door.
21. It should be in North-West, South or west direction. The furniture should be kept in South and West directions. As far as possible the open space should be maximum in North and East directions.
22. The dining table should be kept in South-East.
23. Garages should be in the South-East or North-West corner. Load on North and East Walls be kept at the minimum.
24. The kitchen must be situated in fire angle, i.e. in South-East. The face of the cook should be towards the East. The water tap in kitchen should be in the North-East direction. It is better if the stone, on which food is cooked, is of red color.
25. The junction of electric cables of the house should be in the South-East corner along with the main switch.
26. The main gate is dependent upon the direction on which the plot lies. Both, East and West directions are considered best for the main gate of the house.
27. In every plot more open space should be kept in North, East and North-East than in South and West.
28. It is best to keep patient's room in South-West or North-West corner. If the head of the patient is kept in the South, he recovers early.
29. Place of Worship is the place from where good ideas flow. If it is in the North-East and the face of the idol is towards North or East then the property of the house is assured.
30. Servant Quarters should be in the North-West corner.
31. The North-East corner is best for a study room. If the study room and place of worship room are adjacent then it is considered most beneficial.
32. Petty cash for daily expenses should be kept in the North. Jewelry and other valuables should be kept inside a safe in the South. This adds to prosperity.
33. Terrace should be in the North-East.
34. Trees should not be in North and East but in South and West only.
35. Verandah should be in the East as this is also a form of open space.
36. Water-Tank is best to keep it in the North-West, but could be kept in West also.
37. Windows should be opposite to the doors so that both the positive and negative cycles could be completed. This provides happiness and progress to the family.
fFor more details, visit www.apnaghar.co.in